Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

The 'Sail-ebration'


 WARNING-PICTURE OVERLOAD!


So, we kind of went ALL out for Sailor's 1st birthday!  It was the PERFECT reason to get together and have a summer party with the people we love!  I knew from the beginning I wanted to have a nautical themed birthday party for my Sailor and not to mention she was born in the perfect month for this theme.  So, after getting a ton of ideas from Pinterest that's just what we did.  I made nautical invitations, nautical favors, had a nautical cake, nautical centerpieces...you name it...we had it!  And I mentioned to my family to wear their nautical attire as well.  I had my clan all set for the occasion weeks before.  Nate and I went with the blue and white stripes, I found Grey an anchor shirt at baby gap, and I ordered Sailor's anchor dress off of etsy.  Oh how I love etsy:)  I also ordered Nate, Grey, and I 'sailor' hats.  I think it's always more fun when you can dress the part too;)  Since I didn't feel as though we had the room for this party at our house - Dee Dee and Papa Davey offered to have it at theirs which worked out great!  Thank goodness for WONDERFUL grandparents. 

(Btw, my black eye is pretty much healed - make-up can do wonders;)


 Grey was trying to blow up a balloon but instead there was just a whole lot of 'spit' flying around-ha!

The two head captains/boysss of our ship around here;)

And, of course our precious little BIRTHDAY GIRL!  And in other exciting news Sailor has started to take a few steps...still pretty wobbly but she's gonna be walking here in the next week or so (i think)


The details sprinkled in between...
This was Sailie's smash cake...the 'H' was a little messed up (grey wanted to touch it;)

I ordered the supplies from shindigz.com and from celebrateexpress.com

I lucked out because Target had the cutest nautical things in the dollar aisle...I picked up these containers and filled them with different kinds of candy and silly straws for the kiddos because my kids like to drink out of straws... and I think straws are nice to have sometimes...

more fun straws for the kids to drink out of

I ordered the cake from the fabulous Linda Kelsey...it was soooooooooo good and it was decorated just the way I wanted it...and the top sail boat was a rice Krispie treat...LOVE!

these were the anchor centerpieces...
 another one of the awesome cake...


and this was a cute little banner I ordered from Etsy as well...Deb had a good idea and said that I should hang it every year but just switch out the number...i think i will!

and my wonderful mother - bless her heart - she made each kiddo either a sailboat or a lighthouse that was also part of their 'party favor' - she hand painted each one and surprised me with them the day of the party...she's sure a GEM!

and I bought these adorable red kind of pom pom things that we hung in all the trees....it looked soooooooooooo adorable - this pic doesn't do it justice...



Grammy Ann and Dee Dee even had special aprons for the Sail-ebration!

and yes we even had a snow cone machine...my Aunt Amy works at the bank where they have this and she asked if we could borrow it for the party...it was perfect and the kids LOVED it!  Thanks Aunt Amy!

and this lil' guy enjoyed a cherry snow cone...can you tell by the red teeth;)
me and my brother aka Uncle Alex

For the kids...we set up pools, sprinklers, 'horsey' rides;), and free golf cart rides...I was going to make the golf cart into a sailboat but I ran out of time...maybe next time...(they always love the golf cart)

sweet little Ella enjoying a snow cone...

This might have been my FAVORITE - I printed 13 pictures of Sailor-- newborn/1month up to 12 months in 8x10 pictures and then we strung them along a string with red/white/blue clothes pins...loved this - i found the idea on Pinterest of course;)

 then it was CAKE time!



Grey and Brody stayed close to the action-ha!
look at Grey sneakin' in...


we had a gazillion cameras on her (can you imagine?!)  Nate was in charge of the movie camera and my good friend Camron took pics for me...


we all thoroughly enjoyed watching Sailor eat her cake...
right after the cake smash Nate put Sailor right into the pool...she was FULL of frosting...
look at that face...
then it was cake time for everyone else...

Sailor's future boyfriend - what do you think??????????  haha!  This is baby Henry and he and Sailor are about 9 days apart...Sailor is the older woman;)  not sure she's diggin' him too much...he might need a different approach - haha!

I also ordered my anchor necklace off of etsy..
tired out birthday girl...

and to end the night we pulled out the sparklers!!!!
sparklers are always so much fun...the kids loved them!

This was Nate and I by the end of the night...all sweaty and full of frosting...that about sums it up!

and I was even able to find nautical thank you notes at Target...
 sealed with an anchor and everything...


It was such a fun night - and it was a wonderful way to celebrate our Sailor's first year!
Happy Birthday Tootie!  We love you baby girl!

3 comments:

  1. You sure know how to throw a party! :) I love all of the details - especially the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love everything about this post! awesome in every way! great job momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous party!!! Love all the details. Looks like it was a very memorable day:)

    ReplyDelete