Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

What's been going on?




Well that's a question isn't it?!

For starters, we are getting settled into our new home little by little.  We've been here about a week and there are still boxes here and there that I need to go through but it's getting there.  I've managed to get new window treatments on the windows thanks to Papa Mike and new hardware on the cabinets.  I went with the faux wood blinds and these cool stainless steel handles for the kitchen...  (i have not taken any pics yet but I promise I will)  All of our brand new stainless steel appliances look amazing especially due to the fact that I have not used them yet -ha!

I've done a little grocery shopping but my kids have had one too many happy meals lately if ya know what I mean...I'm hoping to get back on track here very soon...


This was just an ordinary morning spent at Grammy Ann's house...
nothing a little John Deere can't spice up...



In between all of that we made it to Livy's first game!  She's cheering for the local youth football team.


 She looks super cute in her uniform!




Sister is walking all over the place (probably since the end of July) - She.does.not.stop!  It didn't take her long at all to figure out her new found freedom;)


Greyson is loving school and I'm so thankful for that - you don't know how I worried about this...but he's really doing good with it...we have a special chair in his room for his bookbag and he always wants to do his 'homework' right away...



The hardest part for me is getting things organized the way I want them...once I get started I'm good to go but it's the figuring out where to put stuff that gets me if that makes sense.



Don't know what else to say except Sister was amused with her ice cube...



We are taking it one day at a time...we have a little park right down the street from us...and the other day we took a family walk after supper and Greyson ran into a little girl from his class.  It was so cute...he started off the conversation with "hey, are you in my class?"  It was too funny!


We love our new house and the neighborhood.  It's been a good move for us.


And so, without further ado, today is my birthday!  Nate and I cleaned and organized our garage which is what I wanted to do.(I know I know, but i feel so much better now that it's done)  He's also taking me out to dinner tonight!  Dee Dee and Papa Davey offered to take the kids so that works!

It's absolutely beautiful here today - I have all of my windows open...the fresh air feels so good!
Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the move, how fun! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :) kiddos pics are darling as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Alicia! Glad to hear Grayson is enjoying preschool. Isla starts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I am sure you are just a tad bit busy lately :) All good and exciting things though!!!

    ReplyDelete