Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winter Wonderfest

I believe my exact words once we all got in the car were - "We are gonna have a fun filled family day!"  Nate just looked at me and put a big smile on his face.  We looked back at Grey and he was grinning from ear to ear and Sailor - well she was asleep... 

It's true, my heart kind of skips a beat when I get my family of 4 all to myself for the day.  I just love it.  I felt like Clark Griswold the whole way there;)
(Navy Pier)

 
We walked into a winter wonderland that's for sure and all you could see were a gazillion Christmas lights...



The trees and holiday decor were amazing...the lights and scenery really got us into the Christmas spirit even more so than we already were

 
Grey didn't know where to look, but Nate and Sailor grabbed a 'brochure' and decided to check out the activities...



We started with the train.  Grey and I took a little ride on it while Sailor and Nate watched us.




There were christmas trees EVERYWHERE!


and Sailor was as content as could be...bless her little heart

I'm telling you it was like picture mania for me...I was on a high just with my camera;)


We saw quite a few Santas but decided to make a pit stop at Germany


A little fun for Grey and daddy on the jumpy house slide...Nate said he couldn't even keep up with Grey...it was funny...



Gosh I love these two little people
the excitement on their faces make it ALL worth while...


Grey could not wait to get on the big Ferris Wheel which surprised me...


There they go...(for the record Nate does not like ferris wheels but he played it 'cool' in front of Grey)  Sailor and I opted for a fresh strawberry smoothie at this point but every time they came around our way we gave a BIG wave!






and then there was this...


This would be Mo and Shmo getting their skates on...

Let me tell you it was HILARIOUS for Nate and I...

This was a first for Greyson.  Let's just say there was NO letting go on Nate's part.


Grey took a little break and we watched daddy go around a few times.



Took in a jeep ride...and ramped a few bumps in the road


and our last stop was with the carousel of course...Nate was such a trooper and went on everything with Grey...


Sailor wanted to say hi!



I think Grey and Sailor really enjoyed the day...but by the time the carousel ride was over we were ready to grab some cotton candy and make our way through the maze of beautiful Christmas trees...

Tis' the season...


6 comments:

  1. what a perfect family day!!! i agree, leesh ... i love having my family all to myself too! there is nothing like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun! I am thinking about taking Clayton next weekend just for the ice skating itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN!! Looks like there was so much to do. I'll have to remember this for the future :) Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good pics Cuz. Poor nate not loving the ferris wheel LOL. What a trooper. I love your purple top too :) ps Lynne Dog read too she liked the pics as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went last year and had a blast! Looks like you guys did too - great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...that looks like it was so much fun! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete