Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

10K Run today...

Today was the Canal Connection 10K run.  I did good last year, but this year I felt even better and stronger.  I remember crashing all day last year and feeling wiped, but not this year.  SO, I'm gonna tell myself I'm making progress with my running :-)

I was able to get 6.2 miles under my belt in about 53 minutes today.  I'll take that...I started getting a minor sideache but it went away - thank goodness...it was a beautiful morning for a run and the fall colors were awesome...

My good luck charms 'pre' race...

This was right at the beginning of the race...

and this was right at the end of the race...I was just about to cross the finish line when I spotted my family:-)


This is my friend, neighbor, and running buddy Jenny -I LOVE HER!!!  We are training together for our 1/2 marathon in March.
 and this would be her hubby Mike...he's pretty great as well...

and my family that was there to cheer me on!  So thankful!  I told them that knowing they are at the finish line waiting for me is what gets me through the race.  My parents were both there as well - they had to sneak out a little early...

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I ran my first 10k last year and have been hooked ever since! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. impressive! I can't even make it around my subdivision;)

    ReplyDelete