Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Not in the plans...

First of all, we made it to Hawaii!  Woohoo!

We were set to leave Thursday when I got home from school.  I came home and was doing some last minute cleaning and packing.  We were not in any hurry because all we were doing was driving to the hotel to stay the night and leave early the next morning for our flight.

Grey has been battling a cough and cold for a while now.  I was just at quick care with him 2 weeks ago and they said it was a virus and it had to run its course.  Fast forward to now.....

Thursday he started complaining of his ear.  I was running around like a mad woman so I honestly didn't think too much of it.  But within an hour (when we were ready to leave) he was crying in pain about his ear.  So, we had no other choice but to take him to quick care and THANK GOODNESS we did.  Come to find out Grey has an ear infection and STREP throat.  I was almost in tears....I mean we are set to go on vacation and my poor little guy is sick....the doctor prescribed him medicine and said that in a couple days he would be feeling better.

I was nervous on the flight.  Just the fact of being confined like that with two little kids for an ENTIRE DAY - OMG!  We had a layover in San Francisco which probably saved us.  They both slept.  Sailor slept for 2 hours on the first flight and then both of them slept almost 3 hours on the second flight.  I.WAS.SHOT!  And to make things worse Grey was running a fever.  However, the fever broke and we can tell the medicine has started to 'kick-in'.
these were my kids after the flight....
 
we were cracking up at Sailor because by the time she hit San Francisco she was totally loopy-hahaha!
 
 
So to say the warm weather feels good is an understatement....I swear we needed it just to get healthy.  Uncle Just picked us up at the airport.  We got settled, picked up some groceries, showered, and then let the kids run around at a nearby play area.  Then we crashed!

Happy Easter to all of you!  We are headed to the beach today!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he's starting to feel better! Have a great vacation!!

    ReplyDelete