Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday sledding...


It's my little Saturday 'happy time' right now as I'm typing this...we just got back a little bit ago from sledding, had some hot chocolate, now my babies are asleep, and my hubby went to meet 'the boys' for a little bit...(me likey)



they always make me smile...

i'm telling you i was biting my tongue before we left because and i'm quoting myself - "nate, I have things to do today and this is not at the top of my list".......and then as I was getting my 'snow gear' on we had a really GOOD laugh...you see I don't have snow pants or a good 'snow' coat so i wear Nate's old stuff...needless to say, it's HUGE on me and I don't own snow boots so I wear my 'stylish' boots with black snow pants and a blue coat...well i was sitting on our kitchen floor with everything on and i was zipping up my dressy brown boots and nate just about lost it.....we both started cracking up - this was the scene - Grey was throwing a tantrum because he doesn't like the way his snow pants feel when he first puts them on (he might have some issues with some things;) and Sailie was just exhausted and in need of a nap, Nate was just about ready to put everyone to bed, and then there was me zipping up these fancy boots with my snowpants...(nate was laughing so hard and continued to say - "grey is worried about his pants when all he has to do is look at you" - haha)


 Once we arrived at our destination Grey was having a good ol' time and Sailor held up for a little bit...
 I was a sleddin' mama today...


She threw a minor meltdown after every slide down the hill...so nate would just put her on the sled and pull her up - haha!
the tantrums looked something like this...



And when the snow is slippery and you don't have the 'proper' boots on it's hard to walk so I just sat there...my bum was a little cold but i didn't know what else to do;)  After I went sledding down the hill you should have seen me trying to get up...


 when i'm with my kids i get another chance to be a big kid all over again...win/win situation...


Even though i had a gazillion things to do today...i'm so glad i took the time and went and did this with my family...see what I mean - they make me a better person...and for that - I'm grateful...

 I better go because here comes crabby sister up the hill again...;)

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment