Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

My first born and other stuff too....

So...it happened...he turned 4!


My first born, love of my life, everything I could have ever hoped for....turned another year older.

He fits the 'mold' of the first born quite perfectly.  He's my schedule freak, remembers everything you tell him, reminds me of what I'm 'supposed' to be doing constantly (in a good way), always tells me when Sailor is up to 'no good', always does what we ask of him, seems to be a pretty good leader, a perfectionist if you will.  He's just an ALL around great kid!  He told me the other day at breakfast..."mommy when I get older I want to have a good job so that I can buy my kids things...mommy it feels so good to give"  I have no idea where he got that from - but it made me smile.

His/our routines crack me up.  He gets up...eats breakfast & has his vitamins...hops in the shower...gets dressed...plays for a bit before school...and once the two of us get to school he has to have a mint in my classroom before we go to his... it's just the way it is;)

We are into power rangers for the moment.  We still think Star Wars is really cool, but right now it has taken somewhat of the backseat.  (see - good thing I didn't order that star wars bedding from Pottery Barn;)  So, he told me he wanted a power ranger birthday cake and that's just what we did.  It had to be the red one to be exact.


He had a hard time sleeping the night before his birthday....a little too excited....I think he was up at 5:30am-yikes!  He didn't have school because it was parent/teacher conferences so grammy Ann took Sailor and Grey to burger king play area which they LOVE...


And this little girl thinks the WORLD of her big brother....all of her attention is constantly on him...and he's soooo good to her!  Sailie was ready to party...

We had lots of balloons because
A.  it was a party and B. we all know by now balloons make me smile.

The day of Grey's birthday I only had school until noon, so I came home had lunch with my babies and put them down for naps.  While they slept, I was able to get some last minute things ready for the party and when they got up we went right outside because it was such a beautiful fall day.




It's funny because Sailor is always checking out the neighbor boys.  She's surrounded by all boys in our subdivision and they all love her - haha!  They all treat her like they are her big brother - it's cute.


I made our neighbor take this picture - ha!  Thanks Nick - you did a good job!  (Just so you know Grey this was on your exact birthday - the day you turned 4 sweet boy!)

While we waited for our guests to arrive, Nate and Grey and Sailor played a little tag with the neighbor kids...

and then they pulled out the skateboard...

NOt sure who was having more fun - Nate or the kids... ;)


After all of our peeps arrived - we moved the party inside...
 All of us gathered around you and sang Happy Birthday as loud as we could...


Grey enjoyed his cake

 and let's just say sister did too;)

After cake and ice cream we opened presents...and look the first one you opened made your night - what kid doesn't LOVE new underwear -ha!

Happy 4th Birthday sweet boy!  We love you to the moon!

_______________________________________________________________
On another note, we had some family photos taken and here are just a few...


_______________________________________________________________________________
and our newest little addition to our family - our new cousin Guiliana Grace - We've been enjoying every minute of her...there's nothing like a newborn...

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Grey had a great 4th bday! The first picture of the two of you is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete