Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Yard work and kickin' off summer...


My next big project here is our landscaping.  I've been really 'working' on this since March.  I've been googling different things and pinning things on pinterest like crazy.  I'm actually really getting into it.  Personally, I think landscaping can make or break the outside of your home.  With that being said, we've been working with a few local nurseries because I want a professional 'plan'.  However, we still have not narrowed it down as to what we are going to do.  I have 3 plans in my purse right now and for the past couple weeks I've made my mom drive around with me at night and look at various different landscapes;)

I did go buy some perrenials last week because I got on one of my 'kicks' and thought 'I' can just do this, so this is what I have right now in my front yard.
I know I like the barberry bushes, boxwoods, hastas, and daylilies.  I just need someone to come here and tell me where to plant them now:)


I do know that I can't look at my front yard like this much longer...It's driving me absolutely CRAZY!
So, that's what I've been doing here ALL week.  Nate was on his annual fishing trip and got home Friday afternoon.  The kids were so excited to see him.



Other than that, our first week of summer was only in the 70s so not quite swimming weather yet.
Grey says watermelon gives him super powers;)




we've had the water guns out everyday...


Trying on her brother's flip flops...


 my spunky girl...
and the blonde highlights are making their way through on my boy:)        (always a sign of summer here)




 they were helping their daddy...

So we're here and takin' a BIG bite out of summer;)



By The Way her pig tails make me smile:)


I'll keep you posted on our yard.  I'll be sure to show you the end results!

Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. If you need help talk to my mom! It is her thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landscaping really does transform a house! I'm sure the finished project will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soo with you on this one, Alicia! I cannot wait to get some landscaping at our house! Our bid was outrageous, so we'll definitely be doing it in sections! I want to have it professionally done though so I guess that's the price I pay :). Good luck! Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh. we are in the same boat. We got a professional bid and it was crazy expensive but we know it will be worth it and we really don't want to do it ourselves. I am sooooo sick of the front of our house looking so bare! Can't wait to see the finished look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very helpful article for those who wants to revamp their workstations and rooms! I fell inlove with Pottery Barn's furniture. They have wide range of furniture that is suitable for every personality, preferences of a person. I believe that beautiful workstation leads to better works.work at home

    ReplyDelete