Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Valentines Day


I have to say that I like Valentine's Day.  I really do.  I think it is just a sweet little holiday and it should be celebrated.  Although I'm one for celebrating just about anything.  I know that I count my blessings everyday and that I tell the people in my family I love them a billion times a day, but it's still fun to have that one special day marked on the calendar and reserved for your loved ones.  I like the rush of it...kind of like what can we do that's sweet today for the people we love?! 

I love making Valentines with Grey.  He watched very closely this year as I wrote his name on each of his Valentines and he had me write down each and every person that he wanted to give a card to.  And the heart sticker that he sealed every envelope with...well that was his MOST important job.
 
 For starters, I got in the spirit bright and early with my Valentine socks this morning.

Sissy wanted to eat my toes...she's not fooling me...everything goes right to her mouth...or let's just say I know the thought crossed her mind;)


We seem to have a Pez dispenser for every holiday...haha!  Isn't that right Dee Dee!?


But hey that's ok because it keeps sister focused...



and as you can see I could go on and on about how the pez dispenser came through yet again...



The girl was clearly in denial about the whole 'sweet' part of Valentine's Day thing.



After Sailor went down for her morning nap Greyson and I went to work making cupcakes.


Confetti style



Finished Product and the best part about them was that they were made with lots of love on this Valentines Day.




and not to mention what a special lil' helper I have...


and the 'force' continues to stay with us...
 Dee Dee got Greyson a new star wars sweatshirt and Tshirt



and Grammy Ann got Grey a lightsaber...oh was this little boy excited...



and Sailor got two new little toys to grab...perfect...



This is what went on the rest of the night for Grey


and this baby girl is so full of herself...love it

I was cracking up at this one...check out the lightsaber in the background...

Nothin' but love for this Valentine's Day




And I could NOT pass this day up without my ONE and ONLY valentine...the one who is with me through it ALL...day in and day out...what can I say except I'm crazy about him...

and in all honesty even in my marriage sometimes my insecurites get the best of me...

 but at the end of the day I know I'm lucky and blessed and that's all that matters.

Love you Nate.  I can't imagine going through life without you.



Happy Valentine's Day we say to you...

1 comment: