Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dogs, Dogs, and More Dogs!

I've never seen as many fur balls flying around, pet shampoo, pet hairspray, or blowdryers going than at the the dog show.  OMG!  These people truly are obsessed with their dogs!  ha!  I'm really not a 'pet' person overall.  My parents have a dog, EBBY who I LOVE to death and the Ernats dog Murphy but that's about it.  I really don't ever need a pet.  It doesn't help that I am deathly allergic to cats and long haired dogs seem to bother my allergies after a while as well.

However, with that being said I'm ALL for the random "let's take the kids to the dog show in Chicago this weekend" ....SURE, I'm up for that!



So, once again grammy Ann's van came in handy...we all piled in!  



You could walk around while the dogs were getting ready, so that's what we did when we first arrived.




haha!  This one cracks me up.



This particular dog was wearing leather...too funny!


And this little baby girl was so good!


she looked like this all day



It was dog heaven for 'dog people'....they had every vendor imagineable...(well that's what it looked like to us anyway)

Anything for dogs that you could think of - they had it...collars, dog bones, treats, dog clothes, dog food, etc etc...


I was 'spying' on Grammy Ann checkin' out some bling...

We sat down to watch a few 'showings'




You name it, we saw it...





We waited all day for these lil' rugrats to come out...I have to tell you that we are partial to shih-tzus...and when I say we I mean myself and the Riva side...(Nate and the Ernat side are ALL about the dachsunds)
We got our first and only family dog when I was in high school - better known as Ebby who is a black shih-tzu...I truly LOVE that dog!!!!  She.is.the.best and the cutest;)










Would you look at that hair bouffant?!  :)

They are kind of prissy dogs...go figure;)



After the shih-tzus were done we headed OUT!  It was definitely time to get out of there.

My 'sneezing' was starting and the kids were tired...


SO that concludes our first dog show...fun and something to see!




2 comments: