Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend (Saturday)

Yesterday we headed over to Uncle Mike's and Aunt Kathy's for a picnic.  Uncle Mike turns 50 on Monday, so we were celebrating that along with "just because" it was Memorial Day weekend as well.  Let's just say it was really really really HOT!!!! 

I love all things seer sucker especially for babies.  I bought this outfit for Grey and I just thought it was so "baby" so I wanted to put him in it.  First of all, I love him in overalls, and it was white and crisp and he looked adorable.  The shirt underneath the overalls stayed on him for a little bit, but it was so hot so it came off really quick.




You can't see grandma Joyce in this picture but that's who Bella (uncle Mike's dog) and Grey were bellied up to...lol!  They both know where to go when they want food.



See...then it was time for the shirt to come off and the sunscreen to go on.  I smothered him in sunscreen...


One of many water breaks during the day


This is Gavin and Carter (they are twins).....I don't really know how to explain....but they are distant cousins.  You know how that goes don't you?  Kids you never see unless it's a holiday and someone is having a picnic kinda thing.  Anyway, they were about 2 last year and I could not believe how big they had gotten.  They looked like Grey last summer and now this....It made me kinda sad---you mommies know what I mean.

sitting on their grandma's lap



Grey's face was not exposed to the sun all day, but his cheeks get soooooooo red.  It sometimes makes me nervous with how hot he gets.  I kept offering him water.


Grandma "D-D's" cute summer sandals......Granny Ann wants a pair but she thinks the straps around the ankles will bug her...


Back-side view of my sweet pea



My grandpa Hank enjoying some good conversation



Then my mom had the idea to get a bucket of water and some plastic cups and let Grey go around and "water" everyone's flowers....hey, what the heck?


Well it didn't take long for all the kiddos to head over to Grey and grab some of his cups.  Hey, what can I say we are "trend" setters!  jk!  Anyway, I do know that we have to work on our sharing skills.  Grey had a hard time giving up his cups.  After a little tantrum, he was fine.


Then they were done with the flowers so they moved on to "d-d's" feet


and then to granny Ann





Then, Nate helped the kids refill their buckets of water


Grey decided to watch


Here comes Carter




Just a few more of my red faced little man


ice break


and one more close-up ....I tried to get one before he started all his playing..and Grey managed to get another little bump/rug burn on his forehead there.  He was running (what else) and tripped and this is what happened...thank goodness he was on carpet.....oh my poor kid's head...I tell ya!

1 comment:

  1. what beautiful pictures! Those overalls are darling.

    ReplyDelete