Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Migraines

Nate had a really bad migraine last night.  We haven't had one like that in a while.  When he was little he had to go to Children's to have all of this checked and he also used to get pediatric migraines as well.  They thought maybe he would grow out of them, but he has not.  It was a long night.  Certain things can trigger them such as stress, food, certain kinds of excitement.

It started with ordering some pizza from somewhere new...Nate heard it was good and right now as I type this I can't even remember the name.  He went and picked it up last night and the three of us sat down and were eating and the one thing I noticed was how much CHEESE was on there and I did say that to him because hence the fact cheese can trigger migraines.  But, the three of us were munching away...


Then of course, I was watching the 2 hour season finale of Grey's Anatomy, which I don't know why I do that to myself because I can't stand ALL the commercials...I know that's what DVR is for, but I just don't do that!  Anyway, Nate comes in about 9:30 and says there is no way he can sleep while that was on....so he gets his tunes, plugs his ears, and decides to go for a walk.  That was fine....I thought late night walk-whatever-sometimes it's best not to say anything at all.  Fresh air would do him good.  So he got back about 20 minutes later.  Grey's is still on but he can manage the last few minutes before lights out.


So we go to sleep and about 11:00 Nate is asking me to get him an ice pack, which he NEVER does.  I knew it was a bad one with his heavy sighs with every movement.  But, it just kinda came on and it was almost too late to take his meds.  He did take some Advil, but it wasn't working that great.


It was the kind where we were already in the complete dark but Nate needed a towel over his eyes too.


It was the kind where he might vomit and at one point I said maybe you just need to go puke to make you feel a little better.....but he had none of that.


It was the kind where I tried to rub his back.  Sometimes that helps Nate fall asleep with it because really when he gets this bad of a migraine all you can do is fall asleep and sleep through it.  They really are terrible.


It was the kind where any little noise was like a nerve ending for him.


I kept looking at the clock and at 1:45 Nate was still not asleep and needed more ice in his bag.  My back rub didn't work this time.

Finally we both fell asleep but I'm not sure what time.  Nate is still not up yet, but he should be fine this morning.  We haven't had one like that in a while.  Oh how I pray that Greyson does not have trouble with headaches, because they can be hereditary and they also run on my side as well.  A couple of my dad's sisters get terrible migraines.
 
On a lighter note...This is just a little story from kindergarten yesterday that made me laugh....I know I shouldn't have laughed, but it was the end of the day and I was shot...
 
We are all sitting at the carpet ready to begin....My cute little Joseph will NOT stop tallking....he has had two warnings by now....so the third time I tell him -okay Joseph you need to go to your desk and put your head down.....so Joseph walks over puts his head down BEHIND me....and then I proceed to pull out a book to read and Joseph blurts out "Awwww, shit, I wanted to see that one."  He didn't mind too much to go put his head down until I pull out a book to read to the class.  I couldn't hold it in I did chuckle a little right there in front of him, but he KNEW!  I turn around to give him his lecture and how he has to miss part of free time and yada yada yada.  It was pretty funny though!
 
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment