Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Magic House

So, we decided to go to The Magic House...why not?!  It was so awesome.  I had fun myself so I can't imagine what the kiddos thought!  I have been to the Children's Museum in Bloomington and while I thought that was great, obviously it doesn't even come close to The Magic House.  There is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to do in St. Louis especially with kids.  We already have things in mind for our next trip down there.  That's one good thing, we visit often so we always try something new.  Talk about stimulation!  Our kiddos didn't even know where to look.  It was just exhibit after exhibit and I'm talkin' hands on exhibits for EVERY AGE!  My personal fav was the grocery store (hah) - I can always have fun with a REAL cash register...

The first exhibit was a whole thing on bubbles.....this is livy in a Giant bubble


Nate actually came down Tuesday night to pick Grey, Livy, and I up and we came home the next day....grammy Ann stayed until Friday.  So, daddy got to experience the fun too...




Jayne had a ball as well and was perfectly content with her daddy holding her through the museum.


He was on a mission the whole time.



First he was a truck driver.


Then he was a mechanic.


Then he was a fisherman.


Nate was helpin' livy catch just the right one.





Then it was the awesome grocery store.


Really, if a kid could not have fun here there is something wrong...


Livy was checking people out....


See, everything was the "real" deal....real cash register, real scanner, and real ATM thing


The whole gang (-grammy Ann and auntie Georgia)


Checking her cash register drawer...

and waiting on customers


Then we found a place for Jayne and it was definitely the "mamarazzi" when I got in there with her


Everywhere she turned there I was with the camera-lol! 


They had mirrors everywhere for the "under 1" year olds.  She loved looking at herself. ( see me again in the mirror)




yep that's still me in the mirror behind Jayne-(in all of these)




Then it was onto the water exhibit...




The sand exhibit.



Grey was filling up at the pump.



Then it was the construction exhibit.  (they had everything you could think of)  We took pics on the Caterpillar tractor for Papa Mike!






How's this for a tractor crew?


"some" cute little construction girl I know


Jayne was just happy chewing on her shoe....





and our last stop before lunch was the "white house"



This is who's taking over the oval office for the moment.


here's another crew for you...




Grammy Ann was helping Livy say the pledge of allegiance...




Nate found the "Kennedy" rocker so I had to take a pic



order in the court...


maybe she'll be your judge someday!

Well there you have it folks St. Louis was a complete success and we always have a blast when we go there.  We visited with family, stimulated the kiddos everyday, had scrumptious home cooked meals, and warm beds to sleep in........it was a great little trip!

2 comments:

  1. Im in love with all the pics...what can I say. Im speechless. which doesn't happen very often. Grey looked like he was digging the machanic pic, and I think you have another fisherman on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun day! love the pics!

    ReplyDelete