Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Mondays are hard...

Because, well, I miss him.  Him being my sweet baby boy Greyson.  It doesn't help that they creep up out of nowhere.  Mondays are hard for the both of us.  Usually I have to carry him into my moms and he sits and hugs me until I have to leave.  On Mondays that is.  They are hard. 

I call and talk to my mom on my breaks to hear Grey's voice and to see what he's doing (everyday that is).  Our conversations are usually pretty "simple".....he tends to nod his head as I ask all the questions.  Therefore, he doesn't get that he has to actually talk into it sometimes so that I understand.lol!  I always get a "hi, momma!"  "Whatta ya doin?"  And we always say "love you" at the end.  So as long as I get those and all the nods in between at least for a moment I feel better.  On Mondays that is.  They are hard.

So, today was a Monday and I missed him, I miss him everyday.  I actually brought him to grandma Joyce's this morning because my parents are having painting done at their house.  It was a Monday where we built a fort before I left, I changed his diaper, and then I snuck out the back door.  It was just the easier route for me on this Monday.  I think just within the morning hours of school I called my grandma 3 times to see what Grey was doing.  And "they" know that it's Monday and that's all I say.  Our conversation today went like this:

Me:  "Hi, Grey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How's my lovie?"

Greyson:  "Hi mommy!  Whatta ya doin?"

Me:  "Mommy is at school.  What are you doing?"

Greyson:  "Watching Cailou and eatin'."

Me:  "Oh you love Cailou, don't you?"
(some head nods there...)

Me:  "mommy will pick you up right after school."  "I LOVE YOU"

Greyson:  "Love you mommy"

and then the phone quickly disappears to the nearest adult.  See, pretty "simple" conversation but if it's what I need to do, it's what I need to do.

I LOVE the fact that Greyson is with family obviously and he loves being there, but somedays are just hard.  And on that note, I am officially on Spring Break in 4 more days + a shortened Friday.  That always helps.

1 comment:

  1. Awe love your convos. Trust me though, having that time with his grandma and great grandma & grandpas is the best. I will forver cherish the time I got with mine! But Grey will always need his mama first!

    ReplyDelete